Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back in Copenhagen, Hej Josefine!

I have been fortunate to come back to Denmark to intern with my old school, the Danish Institute for Study Abroad as the International Business and Economics Program Assistant. Quite a mouth full, I will definitely have to get some business cards made. The contract is for thirteen months and I am really happy to get the opportunity to go abroad again and to see all my old friends and family. In fact, the second day my old host-brother Anders and his girlfriend Tanja (it is less common for Danes to get formally married) had a baby girl, Josephine. It was a little strange for me to think of Anders as a father but both he and Tanja are ecstatic and so is Ander's mom Lisbeth. She is a beautiful bundle of blue eyed joy and I held her like a delicate carton of eggs, always support the head!For the first month I have been staying with Lisbeth, who hosted me while I was a student. It has been good to reconnect with a family that I grew very close to in past. This week I will start renting an apartment in the city and riding a bicycle to work. I have enjoyed living with her because she has taught me about the real Denmark and is just a cool lady. Thanks again Lisbeth!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DANE, Josh just left the basecamp here at the lake, and now their is only me, Jess, Dane, and Jen A left besies the fulltimers! He just showed me this and it is amazing, you are a totally talented blogger :) I hope all all is well and things haven't been the same since you left! xo

MookFish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mook Fish said...

oops..

so i've seen so many obscure pictures of you with random children over time.. it's really funny :) maybe it's about time you start popping out a few Dane-lings. Seems as if you are doing well, i read your blog from time to time. if you dont know who this is, it's that squirly little tattooed hippy kid from Samoa with a reputation for debauchery. happy holidays and all that!

ian said...

I just love blogging and as i get spare time from busy schedule i start working on it. Wonderful post, I really enjoyed reading it!