Thursday, April 05, 2007

Garden Update

Alright so the garden is beoming half way respectable. It took a lot of work constructing a fence that can keep the zoo of chickens and pigs from coming in and feasting on my little seedlings. My host brothers and I collected coconut frawns that had fallen down and dried and stuck them in the ground vertically. Chickens being the highly intelligent animals that they are don't try to get in if they can't see what is inside. I am also using coconut husks around the small plants to keep the soil in place during heavy rain and to keep weeds down. So the current crops are pole beans, tomatoes, chinese cabbage, head cabbage, carrots, cucumber, corn, melons, lemon grass, lau pele, kang kong, mint, basil, sweet potato, and a couple little experiments. We'll see what can survive the insects, floods, locusts, fire and brimstone that will probably conspire against me. The whole village has been coming behind my house to have a look so the buzz has been good. The women's committee is setting up their own fence and now the next village wants to make a cabbage garden.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The more you trust your intuition, the more empowered you become, the stronger you become, and the happier you become. See the link below for more info.

#stronger
www.inspgift.com

Unknown said...

I've read a few good stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking

for revisiting.


Xander
www.imarksweb.org

iya said...

I must thank you for putting this article together, I must admit you were so cool in structuring this.

www.n8fan.net

Unknown said...


I have been researching every aspect of a possible career move. This post is very helpful and shows that you have a lot of knowledge on the topic. Do you have any others?

Bry
www.gofastek.com